ADDENDUM TO RESERVATION AGREEMENT FOR UNITS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF ISLE OF PALMS
The city of the Isle of Palms recently enacted a series of ordinances and has increased enforcement of previously existing ordinances in an effort to balance the needs of year-round residents with the needs of short-term vacationers. This addendum is not intended to be a substitute for the actual ordinances but a brief summary of what we consider to be some of the major regulations that our guests should be aware of.
1. The City limits the maximum number of persons allowed on rental property at any time. Please check with Island Realty since stricter limits probably apply to your rental.
2. The maximum number of overnight occupants is stated on page one of the reservation agreement.
3. The maximum number of vehicles allowed on the property overnight is stated on page one of the reservation agreement.
4. From 10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m., no loud noises (voices, stereos, etc.) are allowed.
5. Fireworks are prohibited year-round, including July 4th and New Year’s Eve.
6. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the beach or streets.
7. Dogs may run free on the beach from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. with the owner present with leash and control over the dog. Dog excrement must be picked up (take a baggie with you) and disposed of properly. ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY UNLESS YOUR RESERVATION AGREEMENT SPECIFICALLY ALLOWS PETS.
8. No littering. Yellow trash barrels are provided on the beach by the City.
9. Tents, canopies, beach chairs, kites, beach umbrellas and similar property are allowed on the beach after sunset so long as such property is being attended by the user. Any personal property left on the beach after sunset is deemed abandoned and subject to disposal by the City.
10. Personal property cannot be located within 25 feet of an emergency beach access or any turtle nest.
11. Waste Collection: Please refer to the collection schedule posted at your property. Do not roll out carts, as Island Realty provides the service.
12. You are responsible for yourself and all guests at your rental unit, whether they are just visiting or staying overnight. You and your guests may be cited for any ordinance violations. The maximum sentence is a fine of $500 or thirty days in jail, or both, for each offense.
13. A “NOTICE TO RENTERS” FORM REQUIRED BY THE CITY IS PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED INSIDE YOUR RENTAL PROPERTY. IF YOUR PROPERTY DOES NOT HAVE ONE, PLEASE CALL US AS SOON AS YOU CHECK IN.
I agree to be bound by the above provisions. I further agree that I will be responsible for any fines levied against the owner, Island Realty, or myself as a result of any violation by me or any other guest at the property.
Guest’s Signature: ___________________________ Date: ___________
Reservation Number: ___________________ Arrival Date: ___________