Labor Day Weekend in Charleston
You are here
23 Aug 2019
With Labor Day weekend on the horizon, we want to make sure you know all the awesome things to do that weekend in Charleston! From relaxing at the beach to booking a sunset cruise on the Charleston Harbor, you are in for an exciting and fun retreat during your vacation.
For the ultimate vacation experience, contact our Concierge and Guest Experience Coordinator. With our personal recommendations and local expertise we will make sure your vacation to the Lowcountry will be a memorable one!
Spend Some Time at the Beach
Whether you are looking to hang out on the Isle of Palms or Sullivan’s Island, a day on the beach might be just what you need to relax and unwind. Soak up the sun and spend the day with your friends and family before the fall season begins.
Check out our list of recommended vendors that can help provide equipment and services for an even more exciting experience on the island.
- IOP Beach Chair Rentals - Free delivery and set up of beach chair, umbrella and bike rentals. Accessories, beach carts, boogie boards and more are available for rent and delivered free of charge to your rental property. Remove the stress of your beach day – simply arrive and have fun!
- Tidal Wave Water Sports - One-stop shop for wave runner tours, parasailing, wakeboarding, charters and boat rentals. If you're looking for some excitement and a break from sitting on the beach, Tidal Wave is perfect for you!
- Beach and Games To Go - Delivers your beach games, water sports and beach gear rental needs to your vacation destination prior to arrival. The overall goal is to make sure your beach vacation is as relaxing and fun as possible!
Enjoy a Local Event
There are so many fun activities, things to do, and places to see in the Lowcountry! Whether you are in the mood to shop from local artisans, listen to incredible live music, explore the city’s history, or watch the action of a soccer match: Charleston has it all.
Farmer’s Market — Every Saturday, from 8 am - 2 pm in Marion Square, you will find the Charleston Farmer’s Market full of fresh local produce, colorful artisan creations, and talented local musicians. This is one of the best outdoor events in Charleston and is loved by both locals and visitors.
Lowcountry Jazz Festival — This Labor Day Weekend come swing and dance at Gaillard Center as South Carolina’s premiere smooth Jazz event returns to the Lowcountry. This festival will feature a stellar lineup of musicians, including GRAMMY award winning artists, all weekend long!
Atlas Road Crew at The Windjammer — Enjoy some local music at Isle of Palms favorite music venue – The Windjammer. Atlas Road Crew, a South Carolina soulful southern rock band, will be taking the stage Saturday August 31st. They have been listed as one of the South East’s “must see” bands, making this is a show you won’t want to miss!
Charleston Battery vs Memphis 901 FC — On Monday, Sept. 2, head on over to MUSC Health Stadium on Daniel’s Island and watch as Charleston’s soccer team, the Charleston Battery, take on the Memphis 901 FC! This will be an intense match to watch so go ahead and buy your tickets online or call (843) 971-GOAL.
Walking Tours — The stunning antebellum architecture of Downtown Charleston is full of nearly three and a half centuries worth of stories. What better way to learn about those important stories than to walk the same streets those people walked? One of the best things to do during your visit is to take advantage of the incredible variety of walking tours offered everyday Downtown. Below are some of the top recommended tours by recent visitors.
- Bulldog Tours, Voted Charleston's "Best Tour Company" for 8 consecutive years
- Charleston Footprints, #1 Attraction in Charleston on Trip Advisor
- Charleston Strolls, Featured In Southern Living, NY Times, & AAA.
For more information on upcoming events in the Lowcountry, browse through our calendar of events.
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Charleston and its surrounding islands are known for their renowned culinary talent. Make sure you gear up your taste buds and try a new restaurant during your vacation. Who knows, it may just become one of your new local favorites. Whether you are in the mood for BBQ, seafood, or Italian - the Lowcountry has an unlimited amount of restaurant options that will hit the spot!
Try some of our favorite places to dine:
Isle of Palms