July 4th in Charleston
You are here
29 Jun 2021
The 4th of July is a time to be around family and friends, enjoying the summer season, and is best spent at the beach! If you're celebrating with us this year, here's how you can enjoy the holiday around the Charleston area!
- Sullivan's Island will host its annual golf cart parade! Golf carts will leave from Sullivan's Island Elementary School at 9 AM, decked out in fun decorations for the 4th!
- The City of Charleston will have a 4th of July concert at Joe Riley Park from 8-10 PM, with fireworks following. Gates open at 6 PM! Tickets are free, but you do need to reserve ahead of time here!
- Patriots Point (Mount Pleasant) will be hosting their annual July 4th celebration from 6-10 PM, and will have live music, at least 10 local food trucks, and of course fireworks! Lawn chairs and picnic blankets are encouraged. The event itself is free, but there is a $20 parking fee.
Other ways to celebrate: Sit Back & Relax!
Something that makes the Isle of Palms so special is its beautiful, family-friendly beaches. This is the perfect place to lounge with the whole family and soak up the sun! IOP Beach Chair offers beach chairs, umbrellas, and bike rentals, and Beach and Games To Go offers everything else you’ll need to make your time at the beach as stress-free as possible. This way, you can save some room in the car and let all of the little things get delivered straight to your rental property.
Our Picks for a Perfect 4th: Chairs and Umbrellas from IOP Beach Chair, Corn Hole and a Cargo Wagon for the Beach, Ping Pong for the House.
- a. IOP Beach Chair Co. — 2 Chairs & 1 Umbrella ($34 per day)
- b. IOP Beach Chair Co. — Bike Rentals ($50 per week)
- c. Beach & Games To Go — Cargo Wagon ($25 per week)
Host a Cookout!
You can’t have a trip in Charleston without having a classic Southern meal of Lowcountry Boil. Frogmore Stew, Beaufort Boil, or whatever you and your family call it, it’s a must-have! Lowcountry Boil Company makes enjoying this meal easy, with both ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat options, and even catering if you aren’t keen on cooking!
They also have options for various diet preferences like keto, pescatarian, vegan, and vegetarian. BBQ sandwiches are also an add-on option for the picky eaters in your family, so there’s something here for everyone!
In between rounds of Corn Hole while you’re waiting for dinner to be ready, try some Independence Day-themed crafts! Making your own decorations is always more fun, and a great way to keep the kids busy. AR Workshop has DIY-to-go kits so you can make wooden signs, string art, plan trays, and more with your own personal touch!
Our Picks for a Perfect 4th: Lowcountry Boil Company catering with BBQ add-ons, and AR Workshop’s Sign and string art to-go kit
- a. Lowcountry Boil Company Catering
- b. AR Workshop DIY-to-go Kits
Explore & Get Active!
For the more active and adventurous members of your family, spend some time on the water! There’s no better way to explore the waterways around IOP than on a jet ski. Take a tour with a trusted guide, or explore on your own; either way, this is a must-try! Tidal Wave Water Sports here on the Island has a brand new fleet of jet skis, and offers several other activities as well like parasailing and tubing.
For a more relaxed vibe, try a boat tour to Capers Island or around the Downtown Charleston Harbor. Barrier Island Eco Tours currently has tours available Monday-Friday to Capers Island, an uninhabited island off of the coast of Isle of Palms.
Our Picks for a Perfect 4th: Jet Ski Safari with Tidal Wave, Capers Island Exploration tour with Barrier Island Eco Tours
- a. Barrier Island Eco Tours Capers Island Wildlife Exploration Tour
- b. Tidal Wave Water Sports Jet Ski Safari