You are here
Island Realty Reservation Agreement: Terms & Conditions
Island Realty recommends this reservation agreement is shared with all members of your travelling party
1. Payments: 50% of rent total is due at the time of booking; final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. Full payment is due at the time of booking when a reservation is made within 30 days of arrival. Personal checks will not be accepted less than 30 days prior to arrival. If payment is not received by the final payment due date, it will be charged to the credit card on file. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express. Payment will not be processed on more than 2 credit cards per reservation.
2. Taxes and Fees: Taxes and fees are not included in quoted rates. 14% state sales tax, state and local accommodations taxes and fees, plus a reservation fee are added to all rentals. Tax rates are calculated according to state sales tax, state and local accommodations taxes and fees and local laws in force at the time of the Agreement. Guest is responsible for payment of all applicable taxes in effect at time of occupancy.
3. Agency: Island Realty is acting solely as agent for the Owner.
4. License: Guest is NOT a tenant and has acquired no leasehold in the property. Guest is a licensee of the Owner pursuant to S.C. State Code 45-2-20 et. seq. The term "rent" is used for convenience only.
5. Cancellation Policy:
5A. Guest cancellations must be in writing. If you cancel your reservation, you will be responsible for your entire reservation balance until the property has been re-booked and confirmed for the same use period and for the same rate. Final payment will be processed to the credit card on file 30 days prior to arrival per the payment policy. There are no exceptions. If the property is re-booked for only part of the use period or for less rent for the reserved days, you may be credited the monies covered by the rebooking, and refunded the balance less a 10% cancellation fee based on the full base rent of the property. If the property is not rebooked, the entire balance will be forfeited to Island Realty, regardless of whether or not a full deposit was made at booking.
5B. A property that is unacceptable to the guest is deemed a cancellation by the guest.
5C. Island Realty may cancel this reservation if, in its sole opinion, it is in the best interest of the Owner.
5D. Island Realty is not responsible for the weather or other Acts of God and there will be no refunds.
5E. Travel Insurance protects you from losses you may incur because of unforeseen circumstances, such as illness, injuries, and mandatory hurricane evacuations Travel Insurance must be purchased no later than 30 days prior to arrival or at the time of booking when a reservation is made within 30 days of arrival. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance. Please refer specific questions about coverage to 1-866-889-7409. (Product #4476000)
5F. If you cancel your reservation, you are responsible for the entire reservation balance regardless of whether you have signed the Reservation Agreement. Placing a deposit is confirmation of your booking and binds you to Island Realty’s policies and procedures.
6. Comparable Property: Island Realty reserves the right to change the property reserved to a comparable property. Advance notice will be given if time permits.
7. Arrival and Departure:
7A. Check-in is from 4:00-7:00pm on the day of arrival. No refunds shall be given for check-ins within this window on arrival date. Early check-ins are not guaranteed under any circumstances.
7B. Guest agrees to comply with the check-out time or be subject to a late departure fee of up to one night's rental. If the property is not vacated by check-out time, guest hereby consents to Island Realty removing all occupants and their belongings from the property and disposing of all belongings at Guest's expense and risk of loss.
8A. Guest agrees to restrict occupancy to the number and class of occupants listed on the front side of this document.
8B. Certain properties allow pets and are duly noted in the property description. Absolutely no pets are allowed in a rental property, except where noted in the property description. Pets are limited to two (2), mature housebroken dogs, unless otherwise restricted by individual property owners. Evidence of ongoing flea treatment (Frontline, etc.) is required prior to arrival. If pets are discovered in a home not allowing pets, the tenant will be evicted immediately and rental monies forfeited. The city of Isle of Palms has leash laws which are enforced. Tenant is responsible for cleaning up after pets and for any damage or injuries caused by pets.
8C. Any and all pets must be disclosed to Island Realty prior to arrival.
8D. This Agreement may not be transferred or assigned by the Guest.
8E. Absolutely no house parties, youth groups, fraternities, weddings, receptions, meetings, or parties allowed. Island Realty does not rent to students or groups of students under any circumstances even if a parent or other legally responsible adult makes the reservation. If such a group occupies or attempts to occupy the property, it will be required to immediately vacate and there will be no refunds.
8F. Guest authorizes Island Realty employees and contractors to access the property when Island Realty determines that it is necessary including regularly scheduled visits.
8G. Motor homes, trailers, boats and motorcycles are not allowed in Wild Dunes Resort or at any condominium property. Motor homes and trailers may not be connected to the utilities and may not be occupied when parked at the property.
9. Disturbances: Occupancy and use of the premises and amenities shall not be in a manner that disturbs residents or other Guests. If any Guest creates a private or public nuisance, Island Realty has the right to terminate this Agreement and require that all Guests vacate, with no refunds.
9A. Isle of Palms is a growing community and construction may occur. Island Realty is not responsible for construction occurring on condo complexes, roads, public spaces, or neighboring properties. If you are renting close to a property under construction, please be tolerant. Construction is subject to noise ordinances. No refunds will be given for disturbances due to construction nor can we move you to another property.
9B. Tenant agrees that they will not use, nor permit the use of the premises for any unlawful or disorderly purposes, nor commit or permit a nuisance to be committed therein. Shooting of fireworks and carrying of firearms or excessive noise are prohibited.
10. Claims: Guest agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Island Realty, the Owner and their agents from any loss or damage, including attorney's fees, incurred as a result of any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, judgments, fines or penalties arising out of Guest's use or occupancy of the property.
11. Additional Fees and Charges:
11A. Damages: Guest agrees to be responsible for all damages and excessive cleaning expenses resulting from Guest's use or occupancy of the property.
11B. Returned Check Fee: A $37 Returned Check Fee will be charged if a check is returned for any reason.
11C. Enforcement: Guest agrees to pay all court costs, and reasonable attorney fees incurred by Island Realty in the enforcement of its rights under the Agreement.
12. Maintenance/Housekeeping: Island Realty is not responsible for air conditioning or any other appliance that fails to operate properly or for other maintenance issues, including but not limited to, pest control and housekeeping. Guest agrees to notify Island Realty as soon as maintenance or housekeeping issues arise and the issue will be repaired or remedied as soon as possible. No refunds or compensation will be given.
13. Pest Control: Because we are located in a low-lying area, pest control services are performed regularly. To keep the pest population under control, Guest agrees to allow pest control operators access to the property.
14. Personal Items: Island Realty is not responsible for any personal property that is lost, stolen, damages or left behind. A $25.00 retrieval fee will be charged to search for personal property left behind, and if found, the items will be returned at Guest's expense.
15. Damage Deposits: Credit card damage deposits are not actually charged unless damage or excessive cleaning is required. In that event, invoices and credit card receipts will be mailed to the Guest.
16. Errors: Errors in pricing and descriptions sometimes occur. Guest will be notified of any error and if, in the opinion of Island Realty, it substantially changes the terms of the Agreement, Guest may cancel the Reservation within 5 business days after receiving such notification and Guest will receive a full refund.
17. Governing Law; Severability: This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced according to the laws of the State of South Carolina, the invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more provisions of this Agreement shall in no way effect any other provisions.
18. Sullivan's Island Properties: Guests are required to sign the Sullivan's Island Addendum, which is part of this Agreement, and return it to Island Realty.
19. Isle of Palms Properties: Guests are required to sign the Isle of Palms Addendum, which is a part of this Agreement, and return it to Island Realty.
20. Wireless Internet and Cable: High speed wireless internet and cable are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to the agreement. No refund of rentals shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regards to internet service. The guest is accountable for any illegal activity that occurs on the network during their stay.