You are here
Sullivan's Island Addendum
ADDENDUM TO GUEST LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SULLIVAN’S ISLAND RENTAL GUESTS
Because of the residential nature of Sullivan’s Island, certain laws protecting the desirability of this area have been enacted. The following laws will be enforced:
- The speed limit is 25 mph unless otherwise posted and is strictly enforced.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted on the beach, including golf carts.
- Camping is prohibited on the beach.
- Cans and glass bottles are prohibited on the beach. Plastic is permissible.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the streets, in recreation areas, or on the beach.
- Please dispose of all trash in the proper containers provided at the beach accesses.
- Fires are prohibited on the property, on the beach, or in the dunes.
- Oceanfront properties must leave outside lights off that can be seen from the beach from May 15th to October 1st for the protection of nesting loggerhead turtles.
- It is illegal to pick or destroy sea oats; they help preserve the dunes.
- No pets are permitted in rental properties.
- No house parties, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Each property has a sleeping capacity; no more than the number of occupants are allowed with a maximum of 24.
- Fireworks of any kind are illegal and prohibited.
- Please use outside trash receptacles that are provided for each property and make sure they are properly secured; animals will get in and make a mess.
- There are no lifeguards on the beaches; swim at your own risk. Please observe warning signs that are posted.
- Use only beach access paths.
- Please observe the noise ordinance from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Parking is permitted on the property only, not on the streets. Parking is limited to the number of cars that will fit in the driveway.
These ordinances are mandated by the Town of Sullivan’s Island, and it is important to observe these rules. Failure to do so could result in fines of up to $500 per day. A copy of this ordinance is posted in every property.