We all consider our furry friends truly a part of the family. So, when planning a vacation, why not consider an area with pet-friendly rental properties and beaches? Isle of Palms and the Charleston area in general welcomes dogs just as much as guests! Island Realty offers pet-friendly rental properties which makes planning your next vacation even easier.
Isle of Palms Beach Rules for Dogs
When can dogs be off leash?
- 5:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. - April 1st through September 14th
- 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 a.m. - September 15th through March 31st.
**Dog leashes must be in owners hand, make sure dogs are under voice command and are able to clean up after them at any time. Other than the listed times, dogs must be on leash and under control of owner.
There are other areas in the community that are perfect for your pups. There is a dog park located behind the Isle of Palms Recreation Department at 24 28th Ave. – open from sunrise to sunset.
In addition, most of Charleston and its beaches have dog-friendly restaurants! These are some of our favorites:
- The Boathouse (Isle of Palms)
- Brown Dog Deli (Downtown Charleston)
- Coconut Joe's (Isle of Palms)
- The Dinghy (Isle of Palms)
- Fuel (Downtown Charleston)
- Poe's Tavern (Sullivan's Island)
- Taco Boy (Downtown Charleston)
- The Windjammer (Isle of Palms)